The People's Place provides assistance to anyone living in Ulster County, especially the unemployed, the physically and mentally challenged, working poor, youth, and the elderly.
The People's Place supplies fresh, frozen, canned and boxed food that equals at least three days worth of meals. We aim to offer a balanced diet of fruits, vegetables, proteins, and whole grains. Recipients can visit the "Your Choice" Food Pantry once a month, but our front food table provides items free of charge daily Monday-Friday. The Personal Care Closet offers families and individuals free items such as soap, shampoo,, tooth brushes, tooth paste, and deodorant. Our 4500 square foot Thrift Store provides not only a destination shopping experience for everyone, but enables us to fulfill our mission of providing free clothing to those in need.
- Bread, fruits, vegetables, snacks and beverages are available daily to anyone who visits People’s Place.
- In an effort to encourage reading, all books are provided free of charge to anyone who visits People’s Place.
- People’s Place has school supplies all year long to help students with their educational needs.
- People’s Place has a Personal Care Closet that enables us to provide deodorant, soap, shampoo, toothpaste, toothbrushes, etc. free of charge.
- People’s Place provides diapers and formula.
- People’s Place provides the “fixings” for Thanksgiving meals to over 1100 local families and individuals in need
- People’s Place provided new toys for over 1300 children at Christmas time
- We provide clothing free of charge to individuals in need, over 16,000 in 2016
- People’s Place provided over 300,000 meals in 2016
- We provide additional breakfast and lunch foods for school age children in Ulster County during the Summer months.
- We help our recipients celebrate their children’s birthdays. Parents/Guardians can choose an age appropriate birthday present and party supplies from our Birthday Booth.